Yes. I’ve decided to start doing that thing.
I’m considering this a goal - not necessarily an achievable one, due to pursuits aside from Tumblr (as though such things exist). Which means that you probably won’t be seeing reviews on these books. But hey! Maybe you will! And I seriously have to cut down my TBR. Seriously. Drowning in the sea of pages here. (Although if you have to drown… books aren’t such a bad thing to drown in, I don’t think).
Anyway, you’re here for the books, and I can’t blame you. Here’s my (unambitious) (for me) TBR for March! It doesn’t include course books (James’ What Maisie Knew, Ford’s The Good Soldier and other fun stuff), so it’s purely recreational. My favorite kind of reading :)
1) Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta: Because it’s fantasy, and it looks great, but primarily because I also have to read
2) Froi of the Exiles: which is the sequel/companion, and also looks great. I’ve got a review copy, and I’m so, so, so utterly bad at putting up reviews of those before the book comes out. So I’m crossing my fingers I can get ‘er done and throw together a review before this comes out on the 16th!
3) Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Schultz: A bit of fluffy, insubstantial paranormal Harlequin TEEN romance sequelfoolery. I have yet to review the first book, Spellbound, so watch out for that. Also an advanced copy. Also hoping to get up a review before/around the release date.
4) A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink: Remember when there was all that buzz about Prophecy of the Sisters? Yeah, I never read it. But surprise! This is another ARC I haven’t read! I’m such a bad reviewer! But I’m actually really pumped for this - magic, mayhem, romance, that cover…
5) Croak by Gina Damico: Another review copy I never got to. This one’s about a teen grim reaper and touted as a bit of a dark comedy/satire. It’s also a series-opener (like anything isn’t a series opener) so that should be interesting.
And that’s the roundup. It’s only five books, but I’m pessimistic - mainly because I’m pessimistic about everything. And I really desperately want to read Divergent. If I get a spare hour somewhere near the end of March, I’m squeezing that in. Must. Be. In. Loop. Agh, I’m such a bad reviewer.
Aside from that, this looks like a freaking sweet month of reading! What’s on your TBR?